Valentine’s Day Deliveries
Key delivery/ shipping information between 7-14 February 2019 (Valentine’s Day deliveries):
Valentine’s Day is our busiest season, to ensure a quick, smooth delivery we have made a few changes to our delivery process. Please note the following:
- London deliveries – The majority of London deliveries (except 50 & 100 Bouquet orders) will be carried out by DPD Local. You will receive a text/ email the day before delivery advising your order tracking number. You will then receive a text/email the morning of delivery advising your 1hr time slot.
- Nationwide deliveries – Deliveries will either be made via DPD Local you will receive a text/ email the day before delivery advising your order tracking number. You will then receive a text/email the morning of delivery advising your 1hr time slot.
- Please ensure that any/ all address changed are made 48hours before delivery.
- What if no one is going to be home? Deliveries carried out by Crystal Roses London - If your recipient is not going to be there when we deliver, you must tell us asap (via email) where we should leave their gift (front/back of the house or with reception/neighbor). If the recipient is not home, our drivers will leave the box of roses outside the house where they deem safe. Please be aware that if the courier finds no safe place to leave the order, it will be returned to us and a re-delivery fee will be charged (7.99). An unsafe delivery might be if there is no sheltered place to leave the roses, or if there is no access to the building, apartments or condominium. The cost of the roses may also be incurred since roses are perishable items.
- What if no one is going to be home? Deliveries carried out by DPD Local - You can click on the text/ email that was sent to you by DPD which gives you several options (such as deliver to a neighbor or leave in a safe place)
- Delivery to offices: Please be aware that we cannot be responsible for orders left with the mail room or reception after they are delivered. All deliveries will be left at the reception unless you request (via email) for us to call the recipient. In the event the recipient does not answer the call, the roses will automatically be left at the reception counter or mail room.